The National Protection Programs Directorate/Office of Infrastructure Protection’s Chemical Sector-Specific Agency and the Chemical Sector Coordinating Council are co-sponsoring the 2013 Chemical Sector Security Summit in Baltimore, Maryland on July 10–11, 2013 with Pre-Summit Workshops on July 9, 2013. The seventh annual Summit will provide a forum for representatives from the chemical community to exchange information and network with other security professionals, to share best practices, learn about chemical security regulations, and to gain insight into the roles of state, local, and Federal agencies and departments involved in chemical security.
There is no registration fee associated with this year’s event.
Who Should Attend?
Chemical and related industry professionals involved with:
- Corporate and Facility Security
- Environment, Health, and Safety
- Transportation and Distribution of Chemical Products
Key Topics for 2013 Include:
- Chemical Security Regulations Update
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards for Tier 3 & 4 Facilities
- Cybersecurity -
- Current Threats
- Industrial Control Systems
- Voluntary Programs
- Information Sharing
Benefits of Attending Include:
- Obtain a better understanding of chemical security regulations
- Foster public/private dialogue across key topic areas
- Discuss cyber trends and tools
- Share best practices
In Addition to the Summit, Four Workshops will be Offered:
- July 9, 2013—Workshops:
- Chemical Security Assessment Tool (CSAT)
- Cybersecurity Enhancement Tool (CSET)
- Active Shooter Preparedness
- July 11, 2013 – Workshop:
- Security Plans
- Security Plans
Want more details?
For more information on the event contact Chemicalsummitreg@hq.dhs.gov.
This page was last reviewed/modified 7 May, 2013.