The Office of Risk Management and Analysis (RMA) works to ensure that risk information and analysis are provided to inform a full range of homeland security decisions, including strategy formulation, preparedness priorities, and resource allocations.
The Office of Risk Management and Analysis works to enable and advance the effective management of risk by the homeland security enterprise.
- RMA Provides Risk Analysis
- RMA Enhances Risk Management Capabilities of Partners
- RMA Integrates Homeland Security Risk Management Approaches
Leadership and Organization
Director Tina Gabbrielli currently leads the Office of Risk Management and Analysis.
RMA has two divisions that address critical homeland security needs, the Risk Governance and Support Division and the Risk Analytics Division.
- The Risk Governance and Support Division, through the development of risk processes and capabilities, works to ensure that enterprise decisions are risk-informed and that risk management is executed in an integrated fashion.
- The Risk Analytics Division aims to provide decision support to the homeland security enterprise through the design, execution, and sharing of relevant and technically-sound risk and decision analysis.
Risk Steering Committee
RMA supports the Department's Risk Steering Committee, which is a cooperative body formed to serve as a central part of the risk governance process. The Risk Steering Committee is comprised of representatives from operational Components, governing Directorates and supporting Offices. Chaired by the Under Secretary for the National Protection and Programs Directorate, Rand Beers, the committee makes decisions on ways to improve and integrate the Department’s risk management activities, and serves to communicate risk ideas, concepts and practices.