As a law enforcement officer, you may encounter human trafficking during the course of routine duties. If you do, you might be a victim's only hope for intervention.
- Contact an ICE Human Trafficking Agent at 866-347-2423, 24 hours a day
Victim Services Providers
- E-mail ICE’s Victim Assistance Program (VAP) email@example.com (DHS)
- Find a local OVC-funded grantee program (DOJ)
- Find a local Rescue and Restore Coalition (HHS)
- Find a local service provider with experience working with immigrant victims of human trafficking and other violent crimes
- E-mail the Human Smuggling and Trafficking Unit at ICE Headquarters with policy questions: ICEHumanTrafficking.HelpDesk@dhs.gov. For urgent or operational matters, call 866-347-2423.
- Log in to the FLETC Electronic Learning Portal to take the new, interactive, 30-minute human trafficking training via the Regional Information Sharing Systems secure Intranet (RISSNET).
- Human Trafficking General Awareness Training
- U Visa Law Enforcement Certification Resource Guide
- Quick Reference Guide – T and U Visa Information for Law Enforcement Officers (USCIS)
- Frequently Asked Questions – T and U Visa Information for Law Enforcement Officers (USCIS)
- Anti-Human Trafficking Task Force Strategy and Operations E-Guide (DOJ)
- Rescue and Restore Campaign Tool Kit for Law Enforcement (HHS)
- Watch and show your colleagues the Three Part Roll-Call Training Video (IACP)
- The Crime of Human Trafficking: A Law Enforcement Guide to Identification and Investigation (IACP)
- Anti-Human Trafficking Manual for Criminal Justice Practitioners (UNODC)
- First Aid Kit for use by Law Enforcement First Responders in Addressing Human Trafficking (UNODC) (PDF - 35 pages, 380 KB)
- Needs Assessment Toolkit on the Criminal Justice Response to Human Trafficking (UNODC) (PDF - 92 pages, 1.03 MB)
- Toolkit to Combat Trafficking in Persons (UNODC) (PDF - 462 pages, 4.23 MB)
- Training Manual to Fight Trafficking in Children for Labour, Sexual and Other Forms of Exploitation (ILO)
- Ethical and Safety Recommendations for Interviewing Trafficked Women (WHO)
- The IOM Handbook on Direct Assistance for Victims of Trafficking (IOM)
- U.S. Department of Defense Combating Trafficking in Persons Awareness Training
Human Trafficking Indicators
- Download indicator cards and pamphlets for yourself and your colleagues.
- Display awareness posters to remind law enforcement officers to be on the lookout for human trafficking in their communities.
- Victim Assistance Program
- Immigration Remedies for Trafficking Victims
- Victim Assistance Card (PDF - 2 pages, 189 KB)
- Victim Assistance Shoe Card (PDF - 2 pages, 561 KB)
Immigration Relief Options
- Information for Law Enforcement Officials: Immigration Relief for Victims of Human Trafficking and Other Crimes
- Immigration Options for Victims of Crime: Information for Law Enforcement, Healthcare Providers, and Others
- Continued Presence