The Automated Critical Asset Management System (ACAMS) is a Web-enabled information services portal that helps state, local, tribal, and territorial governments build critical infrastructure protection programs.
ACAMS is designed for the unique needs of infrastructure protection planners, homeland security officials, lawa enforcement personnel, and emergency managers and emergency response personnel. It provides tools and resources that help users effectively collect, manage, prioritize, visualize, and share infrastructure information that supports the development and implementation of protective measures within their critical infrastructure protection (CIP) plans.
Using ACAMS also provides state, local, tribal, and territorial governments with a practical way to implement the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP), including the NIPP Risk Management Framework.
How Does ACAMS Support Infrastructure Protection?
ACAMS provides a secure, online database management and analysis platform that enables:
- Owners and operators to play an active role in state and local infrastructure protection programs by maintaining accuracy of their asset’s data
- Collection, management, and analysis of critical infrastructure asset data
- Prioritization of critical assets via vulnerability scoring tools
- Production of tailored infrastructure reports
- One-click access to critical asset data to inform emergency response efforts
- Development of a variety of pre- and post-incident response plans for strategic and operational planners and tactical commanders
- Effective information sharing and collaboration across agencies
- Visualization of interdependencies and cascading impacts through robust mapping and geospatial functionality, including weather, bio-surveillance and the Homeland Security Infrastructure Program (HSIP)
Key system features in the latest version of ACAMS include:
- Access to community resources, such as best practices, training and outreach materials
- Protected Critical Infrastructure Information (PCII) submission and storage reassures owners and operators that their information is secure and protected from public disclosure
- Programmable, role-based access
- Comprehensive critical infrastructure asset assessment, prioritization, and data management tools
- Integrated facility security and emergency response planning tools
- Automatically generated standard and customized reports to meet each user’s unique needs
- Built-in asset manager questionnaires that allow owners and operators to input their own information
- Built-in Buffer Zone development and auto-submission tools
- Department-approved critical infrastructure asset taxonomy classification tool
How Can I Access ACAMS?
ACAMS is accessible from any web-enabled device. The Department of Homeland Security grants ACAMS accounts to:
- Critical infrastructure owners and operators;
- State, local, tribal, and territorial law enforcement;
- Emergency management and emergency response personnel;
- Homeland security officials;
- Infrastructure protection planners; and
- Others with official infrastructure protection responsibilities.
Prior to accessing the system, you must complete ACAMS and PCII Authorized User training.
To access ACAMS and request an account, please go to https://acams.dhs.gov/ and click on the" New User Registration " link. For additional information or questions regarding ACAMS access or training, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-866-844-8163.