This publication reproduces most of the papers delivered at the Aging Infrastructure Workshop, held at Columbia University in New York City on July 21-23, 2009, as well as a few that were received but not presented during the workshop. In addition, the appendix contains summaries of the breakout sessions held during the workshop.
The purpose of the publication is to support the DHS S&T Directorate's goal of accelerating the delivery and understanding of enhanced technology that addresses the challenges of aging infrastructure. The primary focus of this document was transportation infrastructure. However, the similarities to other infrastructure, such as energy infrastructure, were also considered.
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Page 1-1
- Chapter 2: Our Aging Infrastructure: Overview: Page 2-1
- Chapter 3: Bridges: A Critical Issue: Page 3-1
- Chapter 4: Prioritization, Decision making, and Management: Page 4:1
- Chapter 5: Advanced Methods for Evaluation: Page 5-1
- Chapter 6: Economic and Social Issues and Impacts: Page 6-1
- Chapter 7: Observations and Conclusions: Page 7-1
- BIPS 01 - Aging Infrastructure: Issues, Research, and Technology (PDF, 490 pages - 45.79 MB)
<p>If you would like a copy of Aging Infrastructure: Issues, Research and Technology, please contact <a href="mailto:email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org</a>.</p>