- Human trafficking is a modern-day form of slavery involving the illegal trade of people for exploitation or commercial gain.
- Recognizing key indicators of human trafficking is the first step in identifying victims and can help save a life.
- DHS uses a victim-centered approach to combat human trafficking, which places equal value on the identification and stabilization of victims and providing immigration relief, as well as the investigation and prosecution of traffickers.
- DHS offers additional victim assistance programs and services.
- Many misconceptions exist about human trafficking. Find the facts here.
- Read about recent human trafficking cases from DHS.
Last Published Date: June 18, 2013