CDM Better Protects Government Systems and Privacy
The CDM Program enhances government network security through automated control testing and progress tracking. This approach:
- Provides services to implement sensors and dashboards;
- Delivers near-real time results;
- Prioritizes the worst problems within minutes, versus quarterly or annually;
- Enables defenders to identify and mitigate flaws at network speed; and
- Lowers operational risk and exploitation of government IT systems and networks.
Additionally, for Federal cyber investments, the CDM program fulfills Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) mandates. The Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program is designed to rigorously ensure personal privacy, and civil rights and civil liberties. Data sent from CDM participant networks to DHS does not include any:
- Personally Identifying Information (PII);
- Data about specific department or agency computers, applications, user accounts; or
- Data about the specific cybersecurity flaws on these computers or applications.