Commercial Facilities Sector-Specific Plan
Private Sector-Preparation (PS-PREP™) Framework Guides
DHS collaborates with critical infrastructure partners to produce sector-specific PS-PREP™ Framework Guides. The process includes identifying sector-specific guidelines, effective practices, and relevant regulations and mapping these existing preparedness efforts onto DHS-adopted standards. For more information, e-mail IP_education@hq.dhs.gov.
Evacuation Planning Guides for Stadiums and Major Events
These two guides, the Evacuation Planning Guide for Stadiums and the Mass Evacuation Planning Guide for Major Events: NASCAR Pilot, assist stadium owners and operators with preparing evacuation plans and helping to determine when and how to evacuate, shelter-in-place, or relocate stadium spectators and participants.
The Evacuation Planning Guide for Stadiums includes a template that can be used to create a plan that will incorporate the unique policies and procedures of State and local governments, surrounding communities, and specific stadium characteristics.
- Evacuation Planning Guide for Stadiums (PDF, 77 pages - 393 KB)
- Mass Evacuation Planning Guide for Major Events: NASCAR Pilot (PDF, 52 pages - 322 KB)
- Mass Evacuation Planning Guide Appendices (PDF, 27 pages - 180 KB)
Protective Measures Guides
These guides assist owners and operators in planning and managing security at their facilities. They provide an overview of threat, vulnerability, and protective measures and offer suggestions for successful planning, organizing, coordinating, communicating, operating, and training activities that contribute to a safe environment for guests and employees.
Current guides include:
- Protective Measures Guide for U.S. Sports Leagues (FOUO)
- Protective Measures Guide for the U.S. Lodging Industry (FOUO)
- Protective Measures Guide for Mountain Resorts (FOUO)
- Protective Measures Guide for Outdoor Venues (FOUO)
To obtain these For Official Use Only (FOUO)-designated documents, go to the Commercial Facilities site on the Homeland Security Information Network - Critical Infrastructure.
Pandemic Influenza Planning Materials
Public assembly venue owners and operators use these pandemic influenza planning documents to enhance pandemic operational response planning. The guide provides key steps and activities for managers of public assembly venues to consider when operating their facilities during pandemic situations. The worksheet displays the status of operational activities that venues should use to respond to the influenza's impact on venues and surrounding areas. A Checklist outlines the various activities that should be considered by public assembly venues when developing a pandemic response plan.
- Pandemic Influenza Preparedness, Response, and Recovery Guide (PDF, 84 pages - 2 MB)
- Pandemic Influenza Operational Review Worksheet (PDF, 6 pages - 104 KB)
- Business Pandemic Planning Checklist (PDF, 3 pages - 71 KB)