The Computer-Based Assessment Tool (CBAT) is a data collection and presentation medium that supports critical infrastructure security, special event planning, and responsive operations.
- Provides immersive video, geospatial, and hypermedia data of critical facilities, surrounding areas, transportation routes, etc.
- Integrates assessment data from Enhanced Critical Infrastructure Protection visits, Infrastructure Survey Tool and Rapid Survey Tool security surveys, and other relevant materials to create a video guide of a selected location.
The data is used to support:
- Regional Resiliency Assessment Program
- National Special Security Events (such as the Super Bowl or Presidential inaugurations)
- Other special events (such as the Nuclear Security Summit or the G8 Summit)
- Preparation for hurricane season
- Initiatives of facility owners and operators, local law enforcement, and emergency response personnel
The Department of Homeland Security, National Protection and Programs Directorate, Office of Infrastructure Protection collaborates with the United States Secret Service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and other agencies to conduct CBAT imagery collections.
For more information on CBAT, please e-mail PSCDOperations@hq.dhs.gov.