The Critical Infrastructure Learning Series provides 1-hour, web-based seminars conducted by critical infrastructure experts on the tools, trends, issues, and best practices for infrastructure security and resilience.
Series offerings are available at no-cost and are highly recommended for the Department of Homeland Security's private sector and government partners, to include critical infrastructure owners and operators and officials with responsibility for risk, security, and emergency management functions.
California’s Adaptation Strategies and Challenges for Addressing Changing Precipitation Patterns and Drought
Date: Friday, July 24, 2015; 1 - 2:30 p.m. EDT
The Department of Homeland Security’s National Protection and Programs Directorate, Office of Infrastructure Protection will host a Webinar, “California’s Adaptation Strategies and Challenges for Addressing Changing Precipitation Patterns and Drought.”
This Webinar will focus on California’s current drought experiences addressing best practices and lessons learned, as well as impacts to the economy, businesses, emergency services, utilities, and critical infrastructure.
Tentative speakers will include representatives from:
- California State Office of Emergency Services
- Bay Area Center for Regional Disaster Resilience
- San Jose Water Authority
The Webinar link and dial-in information will be sent to all registered participants.
Critical Infrastructure Learning Series
Review past Critical Infrastructure Learning Series Webinars:
- Active Shooter Awareness Virtual Roundtable
- Protecting Our Food, Levees, and Ports: University Solutions
- Partnering for Critical Infrastructure Preparedness
- The Ready Responder Program for the Emergency Services Sector
- Infrastructure Protection for the 21st Century: Making Effective Use of Visualization Technology
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS): An Update
- Voluntary Preparedness Standards
- The Infrastructure Protection Security Survey: What's in It for You?
For more information on critical infrastructure protection education, please contact IP_Education@HQ.dhs.gov.