On June 15th, Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano announced that effective immediately, certain young people who were brought to the United States as young children, do not present a risk to national security or public safety, and meet several key criteria will be considered for relief from removal from the country or from entering into removal proceedings.
DHS is in the process of implementing this new guidance, known as Deferred Action, and will continue to update the resources below.
More From DHS
- Secretary Napolitano Announces Deferred Action Process for Young People Who Are Low Enforcement Priorities, June 15, 2012
- Fact Sheet: Transforming the Immigration Enforcement System, June 15, 2012
- La Secretaria Napolitano Anuncia Proceso De Acción Diferida Para Jóvenes Que Sean De Baja Prioridad Para La Aplicación De La Ley, 15 de junio, 2012
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals flyer (1317KB PDF)
- DHS Memo: Exercising Prosecutorial Discretion with Respect to Individuals Who Came to the United States as Children (144KB PDF)