Key to the success of the Department in bolstering national security is the effectiveness of its workforce. The Directorate for Management ensures that the Department’s over 230,000 employees have well-defined responsibilities and that managers and their employees have efficient means of communicating with one another, with other governmental and nongovernmental bodies, and with the public they serve.
The Directorate for Management is responsible for:
- budget, appropriations, expenditure of funds, accounting and finance;
- procurement; human resources and personnel;
- information technology systems;
- facilities, property, equipment, and other material resources; and
- identification and tracking of performance measurements relating to the responsibilities of the Department.
The Directorate for Management is headed by Under Secretary for Management Russel C. Deyo.
The Under Secretary for Management is assisted in carrying out management responsibilities and duties by a team that includes the following:
- Chief Readiness Support Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Human Capital Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Procurement Officer
- Chief Security Officer
View the Directorate for Management Organizational Chart (PDF - 1 page, 50 KB)