The Department of Homeland Security just redesigned its website and now you can take a look and offer your feedback before we officially launch the new website within the next two weeks and retire the old one.
Here are tips to start your site tour of http://preview.dhs.gov/
- Visit the new Topics pages, with their own Resource Directories to relevant information
- Use the How Do I? sections to find answers to commonly asked questions
- Learn how to Get Involved with agency activities for the public
- Go to the About DHS section for to learn about DHS’ budget, organization, career options and history
- See our new multimedia page and photos of DHS at work in the News section.
Why Did We Redesign the Site?
Our new website design was guided by user feedback and best practices in user-centered design. The goals of the redesign are to simplify and unify DHS.gov’s content and create a more consistent look and feel throughout the site.
At the new DHS website, we are aiming to:
- Provide valuable information
- Help you find what you need on the DHS.gov with better navigation and improved content
- Make it easier for visitors to engage with DHS
In addition, there are plenty of unseen improvements in the administrator interface that make our online communication more cost-efficient, help us execute a customer-focused strategy for web-content management, streamline customer access to DHS services and improve our web content management.
We plan to adopt an improved search engine at launch. That means at the preview.dhs.gov site, onsite search function does not work yet. If you use the search box, your search results will return you to the “old” DHS.gov site for now.
We Want Your feedback!
Now that you have some background on what we did and why we did it, please take a few minutes to look around http://preview.dhs.gov and send us your feedback using IdeaScale. IdeaScale is a platform where we can collect your ideas and suggestions for improving the next generation DHS.gov. While you are at it, consider casting a vote for the best ideas that others share, or joining discussions about ideas submitted by others.
Our DHS web team will review ALL submissions, and your feedback will be extremely valuable to us in making quick and continuous improvements to the new website.
If you prefer not to create an IdeaScale profile or have difficulty using IdeaScale, you can always send your suggestions or concerns to email@example.com