The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requires agencies to make various types of records available for public inspection in both paper and electronic form. These records are available through this page.
NOTICE: DHS strives to provide equal access to information and data to people with disabilities in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Not all of the documents on this page are fully Section 508 compliant. Not all of the documents on this page are fully Section 508 compliant. If you have problems with any of the documents on this page and need assistance, please contact the FOIA Office at 202-343-1743.
For reports and publications relating to the Department’s mission and strategy, please visit About the Department of Homeland Security, which contains links to many of those documents.
For reports and publications released by Department of Homeland Security components please visit their FOIA pages.
Questions on how to submit a FOIA request? See How to Submit a FOIA Request to the Department of Homeland Security.
FOIA requests must be addressed to component(s) you believe hold the records sought. See Directing Requests to Proper Components.
Frequently Requested Records
Copies of all records, regardless of form or format, which have been released to any person under the FOIA and which, because of the nature of their subject matter, the Departmental Offices determines have become or are likely to become the subject of subsequent requests for substantially the same records.
Chief FOIA Officer Reports
Chief FOIA Officer Weekly Report
Congressional Correspondence Logs
Other Frequently Requested Correspondence Logs
DHS Privacy Office FOIA Logs
DHS Component Logs
FOIA Annual Reports
FOIA Improvement Plan
Procurement Awards and Orders
Other Frequently Requested
- Balanced Workforce Strategy Guidance Version 2.0 (PDF, 72 pages - 1.95 MB)
- Calendars of Senior Officials
- Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill Response
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Characteristics Data (PDF, 12 pages -108 KB)
- Delegation to Assitant Secretary of Health Affairs Chief Medical Officer (PDF, 5 pages - 34.8 KB)
- DHS Impact of Federal Budget Sequestration (PDF, 48 pages - 575 KB)
- DHS Office of General Counsel July 2010 Release to Associated Press Regarding DHS FOIA Process
- DHS Open Government Data Sets
- DHS Records Regarding Changes to the National Counterterrorism Center (NCTC) Guidelines (PDF, 1,434 pages - 28.4 MB)
- Federal Protective Services Protective Security Officer (FPS PSO) Medical Standards (PDF, 297 pages - 17.6 MB)
- Fee Waiver or Claims Membership in a Preferential Fee Category (MuckRock) (PDF, 4 pages - 724 KB)
- FEMA Individual and Public Assistance Claims Paid for Flood Disasters From 1998 to 2011
- FY06 to FY12 Loss, Damaged, or Destroyed (LDD) List (PDF, 332 pages - 6.34 MB)
- Integrated Strategy for High Risk Management Implementation and Transformation (PDF, 129 pages - 7 MB)
- Interim Intelligence Oversight Procedures for the Office of Intelligence & Analysis (PDF, 7 pages - 1.56 MB)
- Jones Act Waivers Executed by DHS January - September 2011
- Occupy Wall Street
- Premium Class Travel Reports
- Prohibited Items Program, NPPD FPS Directive 22.214.171.124 rev 1(PDF, 23 pages - 620.7 KB)
Statements of Policy and Interpretations
Those statements of policy and interpretations which have been adopted by the Departmental Offices and are not published in the Federal Register.