All Federal Protective Service (FPS) employees will at all times:
- Fulfill the duty imposed upon them by law, by serving the community and by protecting all persons against illegal acts, consistent with the high degree of responsibility required by their profession;
- Respect and protect human dignity and maintain and uphold the civil rights of all persons;
- Conduct themselves in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner and not take improper advantage of their position;
- Act honestly, fairly, ethically, and with integrity;
- Bear in mind that they are representing FPS, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and the Federal Government in all of their work, and work diligently to serve the best interests of FPS, DHS, and the United States government;
- Act in a manner that not only maintains, but enhances, the reputation of FPS, DHS, and the Federal Government; and
- Foster and maintain a healthy culture of high ethical standards, diligence in fulfilling professional obligations, and support to the FPS mission.
FPS focuses on integrity and is committed to providing continually improved quality services across the full-range of law enforcement, investigation, physical security, and mission support. The FPS Code of Conduct is a binding pact between us and those we protect – a value statement and a public trust. The FPS Code of Conduct is applicable to every member of the Service, whether serving in uniform or in a support capacity. We are bound by it. It is our promise to reach for excellence in everything we undertake on behalf of the citizens that we protect.