What You Need To Know
If you have applied or petitioned for an immigration benefit, you can check the status of your case online. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) My Case Status webpage allows you to see how far along your case is in the application process.
- Visit www.uscis.gov and look for the CASE STATUS box on the left of the page.
- Enter your receipt number and click the Check Status button.
- Your receipt number will have 13 characters. You can find it on any of the application notices that USCIS sent to you. Your number begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC). Do not include dashes ("-") when entering a receipt number.
- Clicking the Check Status button will take you to a new screen which will show you the status of your application.
- My Case Status is available in Spanish as well.
- You can register for automatic case status updates by email and text message by creating an account.
- If you are having trouble with My Case Status, contact the National Customer Service Center (NCSC): 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TDD for the hearing impaired).