If you are a director, writer, author, producer or production company who wants to feature the DHS, we may be able to work with you to create an accurate portrayal of the Department or if fiction a feasible portrayal.
Specifically, the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Multimedia provides advice and guidance to screenwriters, directors, producers and authors who need information regarding the Department and its component agencies.
What We Need from You
- Those seeking DHS’s assistance with entertainment related productions do so through a written proposal provided to the Director, Office of Multimedia.
- Requests seeking only USCG assistance may be directed to the USCG Motion Picture and Television Office.
- Include your name, any pertinent company name, point of contact, address, e-mail, and phone number.
- The proposal must establish that the submitter has an acceptable distribution agreement with a recognized distributor, such as a studio, cable channel, publisher or network.
- A script, treatment, story, proposal, or outline of the project or production in sufficient detail to allow the Department to review and see how DHS involvement is necessary for the project. Project status/timeline/production schedule (if known).
- Note: please allow ample time for the approval process).
Working with DHS
- Guidance regarding DHS and its Components.
- With a signed DHS Multimedia Agreement, the production may be granted access to DHS facilities for filming scenes conducting interviews or real time day to day operations with the agents and or officers of the DHS.
- Requests from the news media should be directed to the press office within the Office of Public Affairs.
- DHS considers project assistance on a case-by-case basis. We have limited resources and cannot ensure participation. Our process takes time, but cannot be avoided.
- DHS does not permit a "teaser" or demonstration reel to be filmed and promoted for distribution.
- DHS does not permit commercial services, products, or merchandise advertisements to be filmed or photographed on any DHS controlled property or facility.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.