The Office of Policy strengthens homeland security by developing and integrating Department-wide policies, planning and programs in order to better coordinate the Department's prevention, protection, response and recovery missions.
View the Office of Policy Organizational Chart (PDF - 1 page, 44 KB)
The Office of Policy:
- Leads coordination of Department-wide policies, programs, and planning, which will ensure consistency and integration of missions throughout the entire Department.
- Provides a central office to develop and communicate policies across multiple components of the homeland security network and strengthens the Department’s ability to maintain policy and operational readiness needed to protect the homeland.
- Provides the foundation and direction for Department-wide strategic planning and budget priorities.
- Bridges multiple headquarters’ components and operating agencies to improve communication among departmental entities, eliminate duplication of effort, and translate policies into timely action.
- Creates a single point of contact for internal and external stakeholders that will allow for streamlined policy management across the Department.