Privacy Office Annual Reports
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Reports
Section 803 Reports
Pursuant to the Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014, Pub. L. No. 113-126 (July 7, 2014), the reporting period was changed from quarterly to semiannually. The DHS Privacy Office semiannual reports will cover the following time periods: April – September 30, and October – March.
DHS Data Mining Reports
The Data Mining Report, which is provided to Congress each year, describes DHS programs, both operational and in development, that involve data mining as defined by the Federal Agency Data Mining Reporting Act of 2007.
Other Homeland Security Privacy Reports
The following are public reports issued by the Privacy Office:
- Assessment of CBP Training Materials on Border Searches of Electronic Devices, In August 2009, Secretary Napolitano issued new directives regarding searches of electronic media at the border. In coordination with the release of the directives, the Privacy Office, Customs and Border Protection, and the Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties were instructed to assess the CBP training materials and course matter on the border search of electronic devices. This report presents a summary of this joint review.
- Interim Report on the EU Approach to the Commercial Collection of Personal Data for Security Purposes: The Special Case of Hotel Guest Registration Data, conducted pursuant to Section 222(b)(1)(B) of the Homeland Security Act, in order to enforce the provisions of Article 5 of the 2007 Passenger Name Records (PNR) Agreement. January 16, 2009
- CCTV: Developing Best Practices, Report on the DHS Privacy Office Public Workshop, December 17 and 18, 2007, Report summarizing the CCTV workshop panels and resources to help identify and address privacy concerns, including Best Practices for Government Use of CCTV (Appendix B); Template for Privacy Impact Assessment for the Use of CCTV by DHS Program (Appendix C); Template for Privacy Impact Assessment for the Use of CCTV by State and Local Entities (Appendix D); and Template for Civil Liberties Impact Assessments (CLIA) (Appendix E).
- ADVISE Report, Review of the Analysis, Dissemination, Visualization, Insight and Semantic Enhancement (ADVISE) Program including recommendations.
- Secure Flight Report, December 2006, DHS Privacy Office Report to the Public on the Transportation Security Administration’s Secure Flight Program and Privacy Recommendations.
- MATRIX Report, December 2006, DHS Privacy Office Report to the Public Concerning the Multistate Anti-Terrorism Information Exchange (MATRIX) Pilot Project.
- Report Assessing the Impact of the Automatic Selectee and No Fly Lists, April 27, 2006.
- Report to the Public on Events Surrounding jetBlue Data Transfer, February 20, 2004.