The Office of University Programs streamlines access to the expertise of the nation's colleges and universities to address pressing homeland security needs.
Where America’s Universities and DHS Meet
The Office of University Programs (OUP) taps the expertise of the nation’s colleges and universities to tackle tough homeland security challenges through three unique programs.
- Centers of Excellence Program harnesses the intellectual power of America’s universities for homeland security research, development and education to deliver tools, technologies, knowledge products, training and expertise to the Homeland Security Enterprise
- Workforce Development Initiatives educate and train homeland security science and engineering students and professionals for the current and future workforce.
- Minority Serving Institutions Programs build a diverse homeland security science and engineering workforce through the Centers of Excellence.
- Build a stable community of homeland security researchers and educators at U.S. colleges and universities.
- Foster a homeland security culture within the academic community through research and educational programs.
- Strengthen U.S. scientific leadership in homeland security research and education.
- Generate and disseminate knowledge and technical advances to advance the homeland security mission.
- Integrate homeland security activities across agencies engaged in relevant academic research.
- Develop a permanent homeland security science and engineering workforce.