Federal Network Security’s (FNS) Security Management Program (SM) is a clearinghouse for cybersecurity data and best practices from federal, state, local, academic, and private sector partners to enable common solutions. The program focuses on outreach and collaboration to achieve its objectives and mission.
SM champions many cross-agency activities that contribute to creating a secure and resilient cyber environment:
- Develops and executes outreach activities and events to promote situational awareness through stakeholder management.
- Tracks progress of civilian agency practices and readiness to military and private organizations.
- Promotes cyber best practices to federal civilian agencies.
SM drives overall program objectives by focusing on strategic prevention and outreach through:
- Cybersecurity Strategy: Explores the current state and anticipates the future state of the cybersecurity landscape.
- Cyber Resiliency Engineering: Assesses and tracks the cyber resiliency of Federal agencies.
- Emerging Cyber Threats & Technologies: Monitors current and anticipated cyber threats to inform the emerging technology transfer process.
- Cybersecurity Outreach: Coordinates and conducts synchronized communications outreach with FNS’ cybersecurity stakeholders to convey important mission-related information in a unified manner.