The following is a 10-point program strategy for service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses.
1. Appoint a SDVOSB/VOSB Coordinator in the Homeland Security Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization.
2. Identify procurements for the program -- sole source or competitive -- in accordance with FAR 19.14 and 13 CFR 125.18 and 125.19
3. Include SDVOSB projects in upcoming updates to the Forecast of Contract Opportunities.
4. Perform Outreach by hosting an event each November to coincide with Veteran's Day; work with the Center for Veterans Enterprise and the Small Business Administration.
5. Participated in SDVOSB events hosted by other federal agencies and trade associations.
6. Continue to promote SDVOSB participation in the Mentor-Protege program.
7. Continue to promote SDVOSB participation in the Homeland Security subcontracting program by making the subcontracting plan part of the evaluation criteria on major projects.
8. Actively seek SDVOSBs from GSA's Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) when using the FSS in accordance with FAR 8.405-5(b).
9. Periodically meet with veteran trade organizations, i.e. the Association for Service Disabled Veterans, to exchange information, ideas, success stories, etc.