The S&T Directorate Office of University Programs (OUP) taps the expertise of the nation's colleges and universities to address pressing homeland security needs through three unique programs:
- Centers of Excellence engage the academic community to deliver tools, technologies, knowledge products, training and talent to enhance the Department’s homeland security capabilities.
- OUP Education Programs engage, educate and ultimately direct academically high performing individuals toward choosing Homeland Security-Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (HS-STEM) related careers.
- Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Programs ensure that the face of America is reflected in the future of Homeland Security science and technology work force.
To maximize DHS' return on investment in university-based research and education, the OUP:
- Builds a stable community of homeland security researchers and educators at U.S. colleges and universities.
- Fosters a homeland security culture within the academic community through research and educational programs.
- Strengthens U.S. scientific leadership in homeland security research and education.
- Generates and disseminates knowledge and technical advances to advance the homeland security mission.
- Integrates homeland security activities across agencies engaged in relevant academic research.
- Develops a permanent homeland security science and engineering workforce.
By mail or phone:
245 Murray Lane, SW
Mail Stop 0217
Washington, D.C. 20528