To spread cybersecurity awareness across the country to people of all ages and expand the reach of the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Stop.Think.Connect. messages, the Campaign established the National Network, which is comprised of non-profit groups that advocate and promote cybersecurity within their organizations and to their stakeholders.
How to Join
The Campaign is continuing to develop existing partnerships and build new relationships with additional organizations and groups that target government, industry, small business, parents and educators, young professionals, and older Americans. Non-profit organizations interested in joining or learning more about the benefits of membership can contact the Campaign at email@example.com.
Since 2011, National Network members have collaborated with the Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign on several efforts, including the following:
- Training over 1,500 D.A.R.E. officers on cybersecurity awareness, providing them with resources to give Stop.Think.Connect. presentations in schools and communities.
- Encouraging the D.A.R.E. Youth Advisory Board to be peer mentors and speak about online safety.
- Conducting focus groups at several BGCA conferences to discuss cybersecurity, cyber safety, and cyber responsibility with kids and teens.
- Hosting YWCA cybersecurity awareness forums and events across the country, most notably as part of the Stop.Think.Connect. Miami and Minnesota Cyber Tours.
Current National Network Members
- Advanced Cyber Security Center (ACSC)
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA)
- Black Data Processing Associates (BDPA)
- Boys & Girls Club of America (BGCA)
- Center for Internet Security (CIS)
- Connect2Compete (C2C)
- Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) America
- Girl Scouts of the USA
- Government Technology & Services Coalition (GTSC)
- High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA)
- Hungry Hungry Hackers (H3)
- National Association of Counties (NACo)
- National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP)
- National Association of Student Councils (NASC)
- National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC)
- National Honor Society (NHS)
- National Sheriff’s Association (NSA)
- Neighborhood Watch
- North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC)
- Savvy Cyber Kids
- Women in Homeland Security (WHS)