To spread cybersecurity awareness across the country to people of all ages and expand the reach of the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Stop.Think.Connect. messages, the Campaign established the National Network, which is comprised of non-profit groups that advocate and promote cybersecurity within their organizations and to their stakeholders.
How to Join
The Campaign is continuing to develop existing partnerships and build new relationships with non-profit organizations serving law enforcement professionals, entrepreneurs, small and mid-sized businesses, critical infrastructure, and individuals of all ages. Non-profit organizations interested in joining or learning more about the benefits of membership can contact the Campaign at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 2011, National Network members have collaborated with the Stop.Think.Connect. Campaign on several efforts, including the following:
- Linking to the Stop.Think.Connect. website to share cybersecurity tips and resources with stakeholders.
- Hosting cybersecurity awareness events throughout the country during National Cyber Security Awareness Month with DHS officials speaking at numerous partner-led events.
- Promoting cybersecurity awareness on social media platforms and participating in Twitter chats about various cybersecurity topics.
- Training more than 1,500 D.A.R.E. officers on cybersecurity awareness, providing them with resources to give Stop.Think.Connect. presentations in schools and communities.
- Encouraging the D.A.R.E. Youth Advisory Board to be peer mentors and speak about online safety.
- Conducting focus groups at several BGCA conferences to discuss cybersecurity, cyber safety, and cyber responsibility with kids and teens.
Current National Network Members
- Advanced Cyber Security Center (ACSC)
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA)
- Black Data Processing Associates (BDPA)
- Boys & Girls Club of America (BGCA)
- Center for Internet Security (CIS)
- Connect2Compete (C2C)
- Connect Safely
- Cyberbullying Research Center
- Drug Abuse Resistance Education (D.A.R.E.) America
- EC-Council Foundation
- Enough Is Enough
- Family Online Safety Institute
- Girl Scouts of the USA
- Government Technology & Services Coalition (GTSC)
- High Point Regional Health
- High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA)
- Hungry Hungry Hackers (H3)
- (ISC)2 Foundation
- Identity Theft Resource Center
- Illinois Association of REALTORS®
- Information Technology Disaster Resource Center (ITDRC)
- Inspire & Achieve
- International Association of Chiefs of Police
- International Council for Small Business
- National Association of Counties (NACo)
- National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP)
- National Association of Student Councils (NASC)
- National Association of Women Business Owners
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children / NetSmartz
- National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC)
- National CyberWatch Center
- National Elementary Honor Society (NEHS)
- National Honor Society (NHS)
- National Junior Honor Society (NJHS)
- National Sheriff’s Association (NSA)
- Neighborhood Watch
- NHS Allegheny Valley School
- North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC)
- Philadelphia Area Computer Society
- Put It In Perspective
- Rockford Area Realtors
- Savvy Cyber Kids
- Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (Kingdom of Bahrain)
- The Science & Technology Education Innovation Center
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- University Federal Credit Union
- Women in Homeland Security (WHS)