These opportunities allow on-the-job experience across the Department in various fields of study.
Job Opportunities for Recent Graduates
- Presidential Management Fellows (PMF), designed for graduate-level students to attract outstanding men and women from a variety of academic disciplines and career paths who have a clear interest in, and commitment to, excellence in the leadership and management of public policies and programs.
Student Job Opportunities
- Student Volunteer Employment Program offers students the opportunity to earn academic credit and gain on-the-job training.
- Student Career Experience Program (SCEP) is a paid internship program providing federal employment opportunities to current students. The program provides work experience directly related to the student's academic program and career goals.
- Student Temporary Employment Program (STEP) is a paid internship program providing federal employment opportunities. These opportunities can range from single-summer positions, to those that recur each year for as long as the individual remains a student.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Summer Enrichment Program offers paid, full-time student intern opportunities at USCIS. Students will gain valuable professional, administrative, and technical on-the-job training and experience with the opportunity to explore future career possibilities.
- Additional student opportunities can also be found on USAJOBS, a one-stop government portal.
Last Published Date: May 6, 2013