Submitters should consider contacting the PCII Program prior to submitting their information to ensure that the Program can accept the submission format and for answers to any additional questions.
The PCII Program or Designee will acknowledge receipt of the submission within 30 days of its receipt. Acknowledgement of receipt is not a determination of validation, only a notification to the submitter that the PCII Program or Designee has received the information accompanied by an Express Statement. The submission will be protected as PCII during the validation period. Once the submission is validated, the submitter will receive a validation letter or an e-mail which will include a submission identification number.
The following guidelines will help you successfully complete an electronic submission:
- The electronic submission process MUST be completed in a single session as information cannot be saved and completed at a later date.
- All necessary information should be available prior to beginning the electronic submission process as the portal will shut down, and all information will be deleted, after 60 minutes of inactivity. Submitters will be prompted before they are disconnected to give them an opportunity to continue with their submission.
- The time required to submit information will depend on the number, size, and format of the uploaded files as well as the connection speed.
- There is no limit to the number of files that can be submitted but files must be submitted in groups no greater than 10 files and not exceed 100 MB in total size.
- Submitters must use Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5 or higher, Netscape 7.1 or higher, or Firefox 1.0 as their browser.
- All file types and formats are accepted by the PCII Program.
- As a further security measure, submitters are encouraged to provide a digital signature. Although not required, a digital signature authenticates the submitter's identity, guaranteeing the original content of documents has not been altered in transmission. A Certificate Authority issues digital signatures and can be located through most online search engines.
- Selecting the "Cancel" button before uploading files will end the submission process and all information related to the submission will be deleted.
- The submission process cannot be cancelled after files have been uploaded to the PCII Program.
Critical infrastructure information may also be directly submitted to the PCII Program for protection via:
Department of Homeland Security
245 Murray Lane SW
Arlington, VA 20598-0602