The Department of Homeland Security has unique career opportunities that will challenge your mind and reward your skills and talents. As a Homeland Security employee, you will help secure our borders, airports, seaports and waterways; research and develop the latest security technologies; respond to natural disasters or terrorists acts; and analyze intelligence reports.
Unique Career Opportunities
From general mission support to law enforcement to immigration and travel security to prevention and response, exciting professional growth opportunities exist throughout the Department.
- Mission support careers involve the following fields: medical, human resources, facilities, budget, procurement, science and technology, training, intelligence, planning and coordination, detection, civil rights, fraud detection and more.
- Law enforcement careers offer positions in protection of the President, Vice President, their families, heads of state and other designated individuals; securing the nation’s borders and enforcing immigration laws; interagency law enforcement training; and enforcing economic, transportation and infrastructure security.
- Immigration and travel security careers involve protecting the nation’s transportation systems, as well as overseeing lawful immigration to the U.S.
- Prevention and response careers protect the public, environment and U.S. economic and security interests in any maritime region, as well as provide preparedness, protection, response, recovery and mitigation to reduce loss of life and property and protect the nation from all hazards are what these careers are all about.
Job Experience Levels
No matter where you are in your career—at the very beginning, transitioning to the federal government mid-career, or another stage in your professional life—the Department of Homeland Security has a place for you.
- Student and Recent Graduate Job Opportunities - Learn about internships, fellowships and training programs available across the Department.
- Experienced Professionals - Use your technical skills and management experience to contribute to the homeland security mission. Explore meaningful career opportunities today.
- Retirees - The Department offers retirees meaningful work opportunities, including short- and long-term projects, on a part-time or flexible schedule.
- Veterans - The Department is committed to recruiting and employing eligible veterans for suitable jobs.