The Technical Resource for Incident Prevention (TRIPwire) is the Department of Homeland Security’s 24/7 online, collaborative information-sharing and resource portal for:
- Bomb squads
- First responders
- Military personnel
- Government officials
- Intelligence analysts
- Select private sector security professionals
Information is provided to increase awareness of evolving improvised explosive device (IED) tactics, techniques, and procedures, as well as incident lessons learned and counter-IED preparedness information.
Developed and maintained by the Department of Homeland Security, National Protection and Programs Directorate, Office of Infrastructure Protection's Office for Bombing Prevention, TRIPwire combines expert analyses and reports with relevant documents, images, and videos gathered directly from sources to help users anticipate, identify, and prevent IED incidents. A secure, restricted-access information-sharing network, TRIPwire is available at no cost to registered subscribers and features a publicly accessible homepage with valuable preparedness information for the whole community.
IED Threat Information Sharing: Bombing Prevention at Your Fingertips
- Use the “What’s New” feature for coverage and analysis of the latest domestic and international IED-specific events and incidents.
- Leverage the wealth of explosives-related information and analysis to identify explosive hazards, including IED components, and potential tactics in high-risk operations.
- Access critical counter-IED information, such as common site vulnerabilities; potential threat indicators; protective measures; and bombing prevention training, planning, and policy guidance, to enhance domestic preparedness.
- Review expert-validated profiles and cutting-edge terrorist IED videos to recognize operational tactics and to prioritize and improve protective measures or training scenarios.
- Use the Domestic IED Incident Map and Reports to understand risks in your community.
To report suspicious activity, call 9-1-1 or contact local law enforcement.