There are four broad categories that serve as guidelines for determining whether a circuit or telecommunications service is eligible for priority provisioning or restoration. TSP service user organizations may be in the Federal, state, local, or tribal governments; critical infrastructure sectors in industry; non-profit organizations that perform critical NS/EP functions; or foreign governments. Typical TSP service users are responsible for the command and control functions critical to management of and response to NS/EP situations, particularly during the first 24 to 72 hours following an event.
Essential Service Criteria for TSP
Eligible services must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Serves our national security leadership;
- Supports the national security posture and U.S. population attack warning systems;
- Supports public health, safety, and maintenance of law and order activities;
- Maintains the public welfare and the national economic system; or
- Is critical to the protection of life and property or to NS/EP activities during an emergency.
Additional details on each criteria are available in TSP Documents.