This Department is composed of several component agencies which handle different types of acquisitions. If you feel that your firm has a product or service which may be of interest to one or more of these component agencies, then you should do the following:
- Monitor FedBizOpps.gov, where the government publishes its notices of procurements. This site provides a wealth of information about current government requirements and offers specific guidance that will allow you to submit bids or proposals to the respective agency offices.
- Register on the System for Award Management, the primary vendor database for the federal government. This system consolidated the capabilities of the Central Contractor Registry, Federal Agency Registration, Online Representations and Certifications Application, and the Excluded Parties List System. In addition, USA.gov, a General Services Administration-based Web site, provides user-friendly service and assistance to firms that have not previously done business with the U.S. government.
- In rare cases, firms have an innovative and unique product or service for which submission of an unsolicited proposal may be the right approach. Before beginning this process, however, you should:
- Carefully and objectively assess your product/service to ensure that it is, in fact, innovative and unique, and that it is not already commercially available to the government.
- Research Part 15.6 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) which provides specific criteria that must be met before an unsolicited proposal can be submitted.
Once you have reviewed these requirements and made the determination you have a valid unsolicited proposal, then you should submit your proposal to the points of contact listed below.
For more information on Unsolicited Proposals, please see the Unsolicited Proposals Frequently Asked Questions page.
Headquarters Office of Procurement Operations (OPO)
Willard Thomas (Primary)
Faye Jones ((Alternate)
U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
U.S. Coast Guard
2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE
Washington, DC 20593-7828
Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
Ophelia Lee Sheppard
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
1331 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Suite NP 1310
Washington, DC 20229
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
500 C Street, SW, Room 350
Washington, DC 20472
Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers (FLETC)
Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers
1131 Chapel Crossing Rd
Building 93, Room 140
Glynco, GA 31524
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
ICE Office of Acquisition Management
801 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20536
Phone: (202) 732-2531
Fax: (202) 732-7368
U.S. Secret Service (USSS)
U.S. Secret Service
950 H Street NW, Suite 6700
Washington, DC 20223
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
601 South 12th Street, TSA-25
Arlington, Va. 20598-4202