If the federal government is closed due to inclement weather, the scheduled Vendor Outreach Sessions (VOS) will not be held. Information on the operating status of the federal government in the D.C. metropolitan area is provided by the Office of Personnel Management.
The Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), in conjunction with our operational Small Business Specialists (SBS) appointed in each organizational component, sponsors a series of small business vendor outreach sessions, featuring pre-arranged 15-minute appointments with the SBS. These sessions provide the small business community an opportunity to discuss their capabilities and learn of potential procurement opportunities.
Scheduled participants from DHS include representatives from DHS Headquarters Office of Procurement Operations (HQOPO), the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), the U.S. Secret Service (USSS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), a representative from our Small Business Innovative Research Program (SBIR) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
In addition to sessions featuring meetings with the DHS SBS, we will have meetings available with DHS large business prime contractors to discuss subcontracting opportunities, mentor-protégé relationships, teaming and other potential topics of mutual interest.
All requests for appointments are handled via an electronic appointment scheduling system at https://dhsvoms.moriassociates.com (If this link does not take you to the registration site, copy and paste into your browser address bar.)
The electronic system accepts requests for appointments on the date and time specified for each session. Attempts to request appointments prior to the specified date/time will not be successful. Please review the VOS Schedule for opening dates of each session. Be advised that appointments fill very quickly (generally within three minutes after the scheduling system opens).
Appointments are limited to 15 minutes to allow all vendors an equal opportunity to introduce their company. The first appointment starts promptly at 9:00 a.m., with the last appointment beginning at 12:00 noon. Due to the overwhelming response to previous similar Vendor Outreach Sessions, we regret that we must limit the number of appointments per company to no more than four per session. We also request that if you have met with a DHS organizational element in the two-month period prior to the VOS date, please do not request another appointment. Due to space limitations, we request that no more than two representatives from each company attend VOS.
The following tips are provided to help make your attendance at our Vendor Outreach Sessions a success:
- Review background information on How to Do Business with the Department of Homeland Security (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Review the DHS Forecast of Contracting Opportunities
- Visit FedBizOpps for a current list of requirements valued at $25,000 or more.
Scheduled regular participants from Homeland Security include:
- DHS Headquarters Procurement Operations (HQOPO)
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- U S. Secret Service (USSS)
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG)
- Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR)
The Department of Homeland Security uses an electronic scheduling system for vendors to schedule appointments for the DHS Vendor Outreach Sessions. Advance registration is required.
To schedule appointments for the Department of Homeland Security’s Vendor Outreach Session program please follow the steps below:
- Prior to the scheduled registration date, complete a Registrant Profile in the DHS electronic appointment scheduling system at https://dhsvoms.moriassociates.com. Vendors must be registered in this system in order to schedule appointments. If you are not currently registered, complete a "Registrant Profile" (follow the provided guidance carefully). Assistance is available via e-mail: send your request to Wendy Hill and she will get in touch with you.
- Once you have completed the Registrant Profile, review the list of counselors to determine which of them buys what you sell. You can learn about each DHS component by reviewing the Component Small Business Listing.
- Identify those counselors you wish to meet with.
- The electronic scheduling system will accept requests for appointments on the designated registration day ONLY. The system opens at 12:00 noon Eastern Time on the designated day. The system is timed to the clock at the Naval Observatory, and not to the time on your watch, computer or clock.
- Therefore, you will need to hit the "refresh" button on your browser until the words "Request Appts" appear in the Status column. The system will NOT open BEFORE 12:00 pm ET.
- Be advised that these appointments fill up quickly (you will be competing with businesses from all parts of the country).
- Log into DHS' electronic appointment scheduling system just before the time specified on the day of registration. If you log in before noon and do not hit the "refresh button" you will not see the Request Appts Icon in the "Status" Column. Once "Request Appts" appears you should click on the link to select the counselors you wish to meet with.
- You may select up to four counselors. If you are successful, you will receive notification that appointments have been scheduled and an e-mail confirmation listing those appointments will be sent to you.
- To expedite check-in at VOS, print a copy of your confirmation notice (which lists your appointment schedule), and bring it with you.
- We regret that we are unable to maintain a "wait list" or "walk-ins."
- Please try to arrive before your appointment, taking into consideration the Washington DC expected and unexpected commuting delays/unexpected emergency situations etc., as we will back-fill appointments if the individual registered has not shown up at the time of seating.
After you have reviewed the VOS schedule, you may schedule your appointments online.
Homeland Security Acquisition Institute
90 K Street NE
Washington, DC 20002
Closest Metro Station, Union Station
Take the Massachusetts Ave., NE & 1st St. Exit
Parking garages under the building and across the street are $8.00 and $9.00 before 9:00 am
To enter the 90 K Street building, you must have a government issued photo ID card (driver’s license or state issued ID) if not employed by the federal government. The name(s) of all visitors will be submitted to building security 48 hours prior to visiting 90 K Street, therefore last-minute substitutes will not be permitted to enter the building.