Below are additional resources for the Interagency Security Committee.
- October 2018/2018 Edition – Countermeasures (FOUO). Superseded/Oct 2019.
- January 2016/2nd Edition - Child-Care Centers Level of Protection Template. Superseded/Oct 2019.
- July 2018/2018 Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/September 2019.
- May 2017/3rd Edition - Countermeasures (FOUO). Superseded/October 2018.
- June 2017/11th Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/July 2018.
- January 2016/10th Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/June 2017.
- January 2016/2nd Edition - Countermeasures (FOUO). Superseded/May 2017.
- August 2013/1st Edition - Risk Management Process for Federal Facilities. Superseded/November 2016.
- September 2014/9th Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/January 2016.
- August 2013/1st Edition - Countermeasures (FOUO). Superseded/January 2016.
- May 2010/1st Edition - Child-Care Centers Level of Protection Template. Superseded/January 2016.
- December 2013/8th Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/September 2014.
- March 2013/7th Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/December 2013.
- March 2008/Facility Security Level Determinations for Federal Facilities. Superseded/August 2013.
- April 2010/Physical Security Criteria for Federal Facilities. Superseded/August 2013.
- January 2012/Facility Security Committees 2nd Edition. Superseded/August 2013.
- May 2010/Child Care Centers Level of Protection Template. Superseded/August 2013.
- June 2009/Use of Physical Security Performance Measures. Superseded/August 2013.
- November 2012/6th Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/March 2013.
- April 2012/5th Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/November 2012.
- November 2011/4th Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/April 2012.
- July 2011/1st Edition - Facility Security Committees. Superseded/January 2012.
- April 2011/3rd Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/November 2011.
- November 2010/2nd Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/April 2011.
- April 2010/1st Edition - Design-Basis Threat (FOUO). Superseded/November 2010.
- Augusts 2007 - ISC Best Practices for Safe Mail Handling. Superseded/September 2011.
- February 2005 - Security Standards for Leased Spaces (FOUO). Superseded/April 2010.
- September 2004 - Security Design Criteria for New Federal Office Buildings and Major Modernization Projects (FOUO). Superseded/April 2010.
- June 2003 - ISC Guidance on Escape Hoods. Superseded/May 2009.
- Executive Order 12977, Interagency Security Committee, October 19, 1995
- Executive Order 13286, Amendment of Executive Orders, and Other Actions, in Connection With the Transfer of Certain Functions to the Secretary of Homeland Security, February 28, 2003
- Department of Homeland Security, Delegation Number: 7035.1, 02/01/2005, Delegation of the Chair of the Interagency Security Committee to the Chief Security Officer
- Department of Homeland Security, Delegation Number: 7035.2, 08/15/2007, Delegation of the Chair of the Interagency Security Committee to the Assistant Secretary of Infrastructure Protection
Homeland Security Presidential Directives
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive 7, Critical Infrastructure Identification, Prioritization, and Protection, December 17, 2003
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12, Policy for a Common Identification Standard for Federal Employees and Contractors, August 27, 2004
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive 20 (PDF, 11 pages, 32 KB), National Continuity Policy, May 4, 2007
- Interagency Security Committee 2018 Annual Report: This report highlights many of the ISC’s accomplishments and activities in 2018, including the continued development of the ISC Compliance System database for Departments and Agencies to report their level of compliance with ISC policies and standards.
- DOJ 1995 Vulnerability Assessment Report: Superseded/April 2010 (Updated in the 2008 Facility Security Level Determinations and the 2010 Physical Security Criteria).
- FBI Study on Active Shooter Incidents - The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) published a study that analyzes all active shooter incidents from 2000 to 2013. The findings in this study are another resource to help law enforcement and their partners to better coordinate and enhance the response to active shooter incidents.
Vehicle Barrier Resources
The Department of State partnered with the Department of Defense Combating Terrorism Technical Support Office – Technical Support Working Group (CTTSO/TSWG) to provide resources on vehicle barriers with three distinct elements:
- Guide to Active Vehicle Barrier (AVB) Specification and Selection Resources: An application guide that provides practical selection and application advice when the decision to use a vehicle barrier has been made.
- Specification Template Compilation: A model procurement specification, based on that used by the Department’s Office of Overseas Operations, which facilitates the crafting of a comprehensive procurement document.
- Active Vehicle Barrier Selection Tool: Market research in a spread sheet that allows a potential consumer to evaluate the plethora of commercially available barriers in a searchable format. Note: The products offered are to be used for informational purposes only to assist with Active Vehicle Barrier specification and selection processes. Department of State and TSWG have not established any new standards through these documents. Existing standards included are cited as such. Department of State and TSWG do not endorse any model or manufacturer included in these products.