In an effort to keep DHS.gov current, the archive contains outdated information that may not reflect current policy or programs.
February 1, 2010
Cross-posted from the Coast Guard Compass.
Click on the image to watch the video on YouTube. (U.S. Coast Guard video by Petty Officer 2nd Class Eric J. Chandler)
In this Coast Guard video recently released out of Haiti, you can hear first person accounts from several responders as they talk about their roles and experiences while responding to Haiti after the 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck the capitol of Haiti on Jan. 12, 2010.
This comprehensive video summary highlights response personnel and assets from participating agencies with action b-roll and field video interviews.
In the video, you will hear from:
- Petty Officer 1st Class Marcel Leroy, Coast Guard Maritime Safety and Security Team Miami
- LCDR Mark Shepard, Coast Guard Gulf Strike Team in Mobile, Ala., and currently assigned to the MTSRU
- Lieutenant Commander Maarten Veenstra, Commanding Officer of the Dutch Navy Ship Pelikaan
- Lieutenant Lyle Serber, Operations Officer of Coast Guard Tactical Law Enforcement Team (TACLET) South in Miami, Fla.
- Marshal Few, the Security Manager/FSO with the Department of the Army
Petty Officer 3rd Class Alvin Abraham, Coast Guard Sector Miami currently onboard the CGC Oak
- Petty Officer 2nd Class Jonathan Edwards, Maritime Safety and Security Team New Orleans
Published by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Washington, D.C.