DHS sponsors regional industry-wide networking and educational events that provide a forum for representatives from the chemical community to gain insights, learn, and share best practices about chemical security.
Follow @NPPD on Twitter for the latest on protecting the Nation’s critical infrastructure.
The 2018 DHSChemSecurityTalks series is complete. Select presentations from the three events are posted below.
The first series of DHSChemSecurityTalks—three, one-day regional events—served as regional meeting places that brought together industry owners and operators, key government officials, first responders, and law enforcement to network, share security best practices, and learn about their region’s unique threat environment.
Sponsored by the Department’s Infrastructure Security Compliance Division, these events featured:
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) regulatory updates
- Regional threat briefings specific to the eastern, middle, and western regions of the U.S.
- Cyber security trends and regional resources
- Overview of the DHS Soft Targets Security Program
- Joint regulatory and voluntary program outreach information
The DHSChemSecurityTalks – EAST was held August 2, 2018 in Philadelphia, PA.
The DHSChemSecurityTalks – MID was held July 19, 2018 in Chicago, IL.
The DHSChemSecurityTalks – WEST was held June 27, 2018 - Oakland, CA.
Who Should Attend?
Industry professionals throughout the entire chemical sector who are involved with:
- Chemical facility security
- Environment, health, and safety issues
- Transportation and distribution of chemical products
Regional Event Presentations
View presentations from past regional events:
If you have any questions, email DHSChemSecurityTalks@hq.dhs.gov