DHS sponsors regional industry-wide networking and educational events that provide a forum for representatives from the chemical community to gain insights, learn, and share best practices about chemical security.
The DHSChemSecurityTalks—three, one-day regional events—serve as regional meeting places that bring together industry owners and operators, key government officials, first responders, and law enforcement to engage in face-to-face discussions and share the latest in security best practices.
Follow @NPPD on Twitter for updates on these events and the latest on protecting the Nation’s critical infrastructure.
DHS is pleased to announce the dates and locations for DHSChemSecurityTalks - MID and DHSChemSecurityTalks - WEST. The MID event will be held July 19 in Chicago, IL. The WEST event will be held June 27 in Oakland, CA. Date and location for the EAST event will be posted soon.
Registration is now open for the DHSChemSecurityTalks - MID event.
Registration is now open for the DHSChemSecurityTalks - WEST event.
The DHSChemSecurityTalks are sponsored by the Department’s Infrastructure Security Compliance Division (ISCD). These events feature current chemical security information, while bringing together representatives from the chemical community to engage in face-to-face discussions and share the latest in security best practices. There is no registration fee to attend these events.
All three events will feature CFATS regulatory updates during the morning sessions, and region-specific and voluntary information in the afternoon sessions.
- DHSChemSecurityTalks – EAST
- (Date, location, and registration coming soon)
- DHSChemSecurityTalks – MID (July 19, 2018 - Chicago, IL)
- Register today to attend the MID event
- DHSChemSecurityTalks – WEST (June 27, 2018 - Oakland, CA)
- Register today to attend the WEST event.
Who Should Attend?
Industry professionals throughout the entire chemical sector who are involved with:
- Chemical facility security
- Environment, health, and safety issues
- Transportation and distribution of chemical products
Key Topics for the DHSChemSecurityTalks:
- Chemical security regulations, including Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) updates
- Deep dive into security measures to improve facility security
- Cyber security trends and resources
- Regional threat briefing
- Joint regulatory and voluntary program outreach information
If you have any questions, email DHSChemSecurityTalks@hq.dhs.gov