The Chemical Sector Security Summit, cosponsored by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency (CISA) and the Chemical Sector Coordinating Council (SCC), is the signature industry event for chemical for representatives across the chemical and interconnected sectors—including communications, energy, transportation, and water—to learn, share perspectives, and engage in dialogue. Securing chemicals in a growing and evolving threat environment requires cross collaboration between facility owners/operators, industry, law enforcement, community members, and all levels of government.
The 2019 Chemical Sector Security Summit presentations are now available to view and download. Thank you to everyone who participated in-person and via webcast. If you have any questions, please email ChemicalSummitReg@dhs.gov.
2019 Summit Highlights
The 12th Chemical Sector Security Summit—held July 16-18, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana—was a huge success. This year’s Summit brought industry owners/operators, CISA leadership, government officials, first responders, and law enforcement in-person and via webcast to discuss and share the latest in chemical security best practices.
Highlights from this year’s Summit included:
- Keynote addresses from CISA leadership—Director Christopher Krebs and Assistant Director for Infrastructure Security Brian Harrell
- Demo of the CFATS Personnel Surety Program application and CFATS regulatory updates
- CISA Regional Service Delivery Model (the delivery of resources to better support and engage critical infrastructure stakeholders)
- Risk mitigation for bulk transit, transfer, and storage of especially hazardous cargo
- International session on the global chemical supply chain
- Air domain awareness of unmanned aircraft systems
- Industrial control systems vulnerabilities
- Theft and diversion risk management
- Individual appointments and speed meetings with government and chemical security experts
View presentations from some of the most recent Chemical Sector Security Summits:
- 2019 Summit Presentations
- 2017 Summit Presentations
- 2016 Summit Presentations
- 2015 Summit Presentations
- 2014 Summit Presentations
- 2013 Summit Presentations
For questions regarding the Summit, please email ChemicalSummitReg@hq.dhs.gov.