The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency's (CISA) Infrastructure Security Division (ISD) has set up regional offices across the country to improve the delivery of the department’s services to critical infrastructure owners and operators and state, local, tribal, and territorial partners, and to enhance support to existing CISA field staff by relocating administrative, logistical, and regional operations capabilities from ISD headquarters (HQ) to 10 regional offices.
- Download the ISD Regional Service Delivery Model Fact Sheet
ISD Regional Office Locations
The ISD regional offices are in the same cities as, or in close proximity to, the 10 existing Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) offices, as indicated by the red dots on the map: Boston, MA (Region I); New York, NY (Region II); Philadelphia, PA (Region III); Atlanta, GA (Region IV); Chicago, IL (Region V); Dallas, TX (Region VI); Kansas City, MO (Region VII); Denver, CO (Region VIII); Menlo Park, CA (Region IX)*; and Seattle, WA (Region X).
*IP anticipates moving the Region IX office to Oakland, CA in 2018.
ISD Regional Office Services
Shifting ISD’s center of gravity from HQ to the field has strengthened the coordinated delivery of IP’s training events, exercises, resources, and programs to critical infrastructure owners and operators. Through regional offices, IP offers:
- Targeted delivery of IP services, especially in response to evolving threats and incidents.
- Stronger coordination with local officials for exercises, training, and planning.
- Deeper understanding of each region’s risks, stakeholders, and requirements, allowing for customized advice and expertise on information protection, IP tools, resilience, and recovery.
- Tailored outreach and engagements to industries and sectors that are more prevalent in a specific region.
- Integrated physical and cyber threat mitigation.
- Improved response time to stakeholder requests for information and services.
A Regional Director (RD) serves as the senior IP official in each region and manages regional office personnel performing administrative, mission support, and outreach functions in close coordination with the IP HQ divisions. When fully built out, the regional offices will also host space for: