The Critical Infrastructure Learning Series provides one-hour web-based seminars conducted by senior critical infrastructure experts on the tools, trends, issues, and best practices for infrastructure security and resilience.
Series offerings are available at no-cost and are highly recommended for the Department of Homeland Security's private sector and government partners, to include critical infrastructure owners and operators and officials with responsibility for risk, security, and emergency management functions.
Conducting Security Assessments: A Guide for Schools and Houses of Worship Virtual Roundtable
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
2:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m. (EDT)
In support of Administration efforts to combat gun violence and prevent future mass casualty shootings, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is providing training, products, and resources to a broad range of stakeholders on active shooter awareness, incident response, and workplace violence. As a part of the Administration’s comprehensive efforts to prevent gun violence, DHS, in partnership with the Departments of Justice, Education, and Health and Human Services, plans to expand ongoing efforts to improve preparedness, and strengthen security and resilience in schools and other potential targets. This includes hosting a webinar for educational institutions and houses of worship to initiate discussion around the need for safety and security assessments in the wake of recent mass casualty shootings.
Representatives from the Department of Homeland Security and from religious and academic communities will discuss how to:
- Develop assessment teams
- Assess security measures
- Create a culture of security throughout the institution
This free, online, interactive roundtable will include panel discussions, a question-and-answer session, and additional resources.
- Bob Hellmuth – Director, Department of School Safety and Security, Montgomery County, MD Public Schools
- Paul Goldenberg – Vice Chair Homeland Security Advisory Committee’s Faith-based Security and Communications Advisory Committee
- Matt Wombacher – Protective Security Advisor, National Capital Region, Department of Homeland Security
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Leaders, administrators, staff, and volunteers from schools and houses of worship
- Law enforcement and Federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial officials
To register, visit: www.DHSVirtualRoundTableRegistration.net
For more information, please contact: email@example.com
Critical Infrastructure Learning Series
Review past Critical Infrastructure Learning Series webinars:
- Active Shooter Awareness Virtual Roundtable
- Protecting Our Food, Levees, and Ports: University Solutions
- Partnering for Critical Infrastructure Preparedness
- The Ready Responder Program for the Emergency Services Sector
- Infrastructure Protection for the 21st Century: Making Effective Use of Visualization Technology
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS): An Update
- Voluntary Preparedness Standards
- The Infrastructure Protection Security Survey: What's in It for You?