The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is the largest federal law enforcement agency with approximately 80,000 officers across nine agencies and offices:
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP),
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE),
- U.S. Secret Service (USSS),
- U.S. Coast Guard (USCG),
- Transportation Security Agency (TSA),
- Federal Protective Service (FPS),
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers’ Office of Security and Professional Responsibility (FLETC),
- Office of the Chief Security Officer (OCSO), and
- Federal Emergency Management Agency’s Mount Weather Police Department (FEMA).
DHS also works closely with the Department of Justice and the Department of the Interior, as well as other federal, state, local, tribal, territorial, and international law enforcement agencies to safeguard the nation.