DHS is paying close attention to the evolving COVID-19 situation in order to protect our nation, our workforce, and your families. The Department is working very closely with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), other federal agencies, public health officials, and all Components to implement public health control measures related to travelers from the affected regions and to implement appropriate workforce health and safety measures for the DHS workforce. We will provide additional information and resources as it becomes available.
Everyday preventive measures that reduce the spread of germs also help reduce the risk of respiratory infections like COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from respiratory infections.
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after direct contact with ill people or their belongings.
- Avoid direct contact and handling of farm or wild animals.
- If you have symptoms of respiratory infection, stay home and practice cough etiquette. Maintain distance from others, cover your coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues, or cough and sneeze into your elbow. Wash your hands after you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid unnecessary travel to known affected areas, if possible.
Information about COVID-19
- About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- What the US Government is Doing
Resources to Help you Stay Healthy at Work and Home
- COVID-19 Quick Reference Guide
- Everyday Precautions to Keep COVID-19 Out of Your Home
- Proper Hand Washing Steps
- How to Disinfect your Workspace
- Facts about COVID-19 Vaccines
- How to Select, Wear, and Clean Your Mask (CDC)
- Actions You Can Take to Prevent the Spread of Illness (CDC)
- Travelers' Health (CDC)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Activity Risk Scale (Texas Medical Association)
- Manage Anxiety and Stress (CDC)
- Paid Sick Leave and Family Leave Rights and PDF (DOL)
- Workplace Protections and Reasonable Accommodations (EEOC)
- Contact Information for State and Local Public Health Departments (USA.gov)
- COVID-19 Resources for Veterans (VA)