The holiday season is a joyous time that can provide a break from your routine, but after the new year arrives, it is important to transition back to work and your daily responsibilities. This readjustment can be difficult and require self-motivation. If you find it challenging to get back into the swing of things after the holidays, the following tips may help you get motivated and engaged again.
- Reach out to your family and friends. Your loved ones can provide support and encouragement as you transition back to your daily routine.
- Use positive self-talk and affirmations. Affirmations are important and effective in managing low morale and improving your attitude.
- Practice mindfulness. Mindfulness has proven to be effective in helping you focus on the present moment rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future.
- Be inspired by others. Seek inspiration in a book, uplifting music, or through a support group.
- Reward yourself. Set smart goals and reward yourself at specific benchmarks as a means of motivation as you pursue your goals.
Your Employee Assistance Program is Here to Support
If you need additional support with feeling motivated again, contact your Component Employee Assistance Program (EAP). EAP provides free and confidential counseling and information to help you cope with your feelings. EAP support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For more information or for help in contacting your EAP, write to your DHS Work-Life specialists at firstname.lastname@example.org.