There's no doubt that a college education can be costly. If you start planning and saving for college tuition as early as possible, you can benefit from various incentives and reduce the financial load later on.First, estimate how much you need to save to meet college expenses. Then, research your savings options. Some college savings account options come with substantial tax benefits or other incentives. In each case, carefully consider the potential risks, costs, and limitations before investing any money.
Employee & Family Readiness Blog
Welcome to Employee Resources, your reliable source for information about the resources, benefits, and programs available to you, our valued DHS employees and family members.
Employee Resources makes it easy to navigate and understand the variety of DHS programs, benefits, and services you can access to help you and your family thrive. DHS also provides confidential, no-cost services to help you plan for life’s biggest moments and help you cope with life’s biggest challenges, including career advancement and training opportunities, programs designed to help you achieve a better work-life balance, and more.
- Visit My Family for information on resources and benefits to help you with major life events (e.g., marriage, parenting and child care, and elder care).
- Visit My Benefits for information on federal benefits for you and your immediate family members (e.g., healthcare, life insurance, and retirement plans).
- Visit My Career for information on career advancement and training opportunities within DHS (e.g., the DHS Joint Duty Program, Leader Development Program, and Rotation Program).
- Visit My Work-Life for information on resources and programs designed to help you thrive both on and off the job (e.g., DHS Employee Assistance Programs, transportation benefits, and leave policy).
- Visit My Quick Links for easy access to online tools that DHS employees frequently use (e.g., WebTA, MyEPP, EAP, eOPF, FSAFeds, TSP).
- Visit the Employee & Family Readiness Blog for more information on DHS-sponsored work-life programs and events.
The Employee Resources site was created on behalf of the DHS Employee and Family Readiness initiative, the Department’s unified approach to employee wellness and readiness that includes support for the families of DHS employees. Providing resources for DHS employees—the frontline of our country's security—and their families is essential to ensuring the mission readiness and resilience of the DHS workforce.