The Ombudsman’s Office strives to provide the public with quick links to information and resources to help you find the information you need. Is there something missing? Is there information that you are still not able to find? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USCIS "How Do I" Guides for Employers
A collection of several employment-based immigration guides demonstrating how employers can navigate the USCIS application process.
- Information from USCIS on Temporary (Nonimmigrant) Worker and Permanent Worker status.
- Labor Certification Process
Comprehensive list of answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Labor Certification Process.
- USCIS Employment-Based Forms
- U.S. Department of Labor Forms
- U.S. Department of State Visa Application Forms
- My Case Status
If you have filed a petition or application with USCIS and have a receipt number, you may find the current status of your case online.
- Case Updates
Sign up to receive automatic updates about your case.
- USCIS Processing Times
- USCIS Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) Processing Times
- U.S. Department of Labor Processing Times
- U.S. Department of State Visa Wait Times for Interview Appointments and Processing
USCIS Employment-based Immigration Resources
- How to Contact USCIS
- I-9 Central
Provides extensive information regarding the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification process.
- USCIS Handbook for Employers
Internet-based system that allows employers to determine employees' eligibility to work in the United States.
- E-Verify Self Check
Employees located in certain states can check their employment eligibility using a new system called E-Verify Self Check.
- Validation Instrument for Business Enterprises Program (VIBE)
Web-based tool used by USCIS during the adjudication of certain employment-based petitions.
Additional Government Resources by Agency
U.S. Department of Labor
- How to Contact the U.S. Department of Labor
- iCERT Visa Portal System
- Foreign Labor Certification Permanent Online System (PERM)
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Work Authorization for Non-U.S. Citizens
- H-1B, H-1B1 and E-3 Workers
U.S. Department of State
- How to Contact the U.S. Department of State
- Business Visa Center
Provides information to businesses located in the U.S. about the visa application process.
- Temporary Worker Visas
The U.S. Department of State requires specific visas for foreign nationals entering the U.S. temporarily, who plan to work while in the U.S.
- Visa Bulletin
Current employment-based priority dates.
- Visa Wait Times
U.S. Department of Justice
- Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices
Enforces anti-discrimination provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act § 274B, 8 U.S.C. § 1324b.
- Social Security Administration No-Match Guidance Page