The FirstSource II initiative is a 100% small business multiple-award, IDIQ contract vehicle, specifically designed as the preferred source to acquire commercially-available Information Technology (IT) commodities, solutions, and value-added reseller (VAR) services to support DHS business units in accomplishing their assigned missions.
- Small Form Factor Device: Portable mobile computing device with a display screen that provides an interface for viewing and processing data that can be transported for normal human-computer interaction. (For example, laptops, netbooks, tablets, smart phones, bar code readers, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) readers)
- Static Device: A computing device, equipment storage system or visual display device that remains in a permanent location and is not transported for normal business functions. (For example, desktop workstation, monitor, security card reader, server and network racks)
- Domain Device: A device that provides information technical service management for the optimization, administration and security of data, voice, and video transmission and all interrelated interfaces to support network and application protocols and processing, storing, replication, recovering, monitoring and auditing of all information system processes. (For example, router, switches, servers and blade servers, SAN, security appliances, firewalls, software, tape backup device, Uninterruptable Power Supply, Video Teleconferencing)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Device (desktop virtualization): A device that supports distributed applications for wired and wireless heterogeneous and homogenous network environments for mobile small factor devices and static devices for the transmission, processing, creating, storing, retrieving and manipulating of images. (For example, virtual machines and applications that operate within a centralized, decentralized or hosted infrastructure interface device, such as virtual desktop infrastructure device or thin client application)
- Peripheral Device: Auxiliary hardware and software for system management, productivity and collaboration, monitoring and sustainment for small factor devices, static devices, domain devices and VDI devices. (For example, printers, USB sticks, scanners, DVD recorders, RFID tags, cameras)
Under this IDIQ, DHS components may issue orders on a Firm-Fixed Price (FFP) to include FFP incentives or on a FFP/Time and Material (T&M) basis or use a purchase card to acquire commodities.
Mandatory (with exceptions)
FirstSource II provides components with a flexible means of meeting IT needs quickly, efficiently, and cost effectively. As such, using these contracts might serve to reduce the overhead associated with multiple acquisitions and may provide the Government with buying leverage to encourage vendors to offer better pricing and quality due to ongoing competition between qualified contractors. The FirstSource II contracts offer:
- Value-added reseller (VAR) services;
- Commercial-type pricing;
- Reduced Procurement Administrative Lead Time (PALT); and
- Opportunity to negotiate additional discounts at the order level.
Period of Performance (POP)
All contracts have a five-year base + 2 one-year option periods. The base POP for each socio-economic category is as follows:
- HUBZone: 9/17/2012 - 9/16/2019
- 8(a): 9/28/2012 - 9/27/2019
- SDVOSB: 11/26/2012 - 11/25/2019*
- EDWOSB: 1/8/2013 - 1/7/2020
- Small Businesses: 1/8/2013 - 1/7/2020
Note: * Two contracts under the SDVOSB category have a different POP: FS Vets & Patriot Comm. Their specific POPs are 1/08/2013 - 1/07/2020 and 3/04/2013 – 3/3/2020.
DOs, including all options, shall not exceed 84 months beginning on the effective date of this contract. The POP shall be specified in each DO and may include option periods which extend the DO up to twelve months beyond the expiration of the basic contract.
Post Award Teaming
For teaming opportunities, please contact the applicable awardee(s)
Number of Awardees
40 (6 HUB zone, 7 8(a), 8 SDVOSB, 5 EDWOSB, and 14 small businesses)
FirstSource II Metrics
To contact us regarding a Strategic Sourcing Vehicle or future initiative, please email SSPOInquiry@hq.dhs.gov.