The Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) Building Maintenance and Operations (BMO) indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle is a government-wide strategic sourcing solution to provide comprehensive and flexible purchasing of high-demand BMO services. Services include both Operations and Maintenance Services and Facility Support Services, as defined below.
Operations and Maintenance Services:
- HVAC Maintenance;
- Plumbing and Pipefitting;
- Elevator Maintenance;
- Electrical Maintenance;
- Fire Alarm System Maintenance and Repair;
- Fire Suppression (Water Based) System Preventative Maintenance and Repair;
- Roofing Services;
- Building Management Services;
- Architectural and Framework Building Maintenance Services;
- Commissioning Services; and
- Elevator Inspection Services.
Facility Support Services:
- Landscaping/Grounds Maintenance;
- Pest Control;
- Waste Management and Recycling; and
- Cemetery Maintenance.
Contracts are currently available for Zone 1 which includes the states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia and Washington DC. Additional geographic zones are planned for award in FY17.
DHS contracting officers must obtain a Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA) from GSA to place task orders under BMO.
Mandatory (with exceptions)
Benefits of this vehicle includes:
- Provides a broad and comprehensive range of BMO services for use throughout DHS;
- Provides a large pool of highly qualified contractors – both large and small businesses;
- Promotes and supports DHS socioeconomic goals. Small business set-asides and “targeted” socioeconomic set-asides are available;
- Allows flexibility for all contract types, including firm fixed price, time and materials, and hybrids; and
- Leverages DHS spend in acquiring services in an effective, economical, and expedient manner.
Period of Performance (POP)
Five-year base + one five-year option (3/31/2016 – 3/30/2026)
Post Award Teaming
For teaming opportunities, please contact the applicable awardee(s)
Number of Awardee(s)
33 (9 large businesses and 24 small businesses)
To contact us regarding a Strategic Sourcing Vehicle or future initiative, please email SSPOInquiry@hq.dhs.gov.