The Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) Building Maintenance and Operations (BMO) indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle is a government-wide strategic sourcing solution to provide comprehensive and flexible purchasing of high-demand BMO services. Services include both Operations and Maintenance Services and Facility Support Services, as defined below.
Operations and Maintenance Services:
- HVAC Maintenance;
- Plumbing and Pipefitting;
- Elevator Maintenance;
- Electrical Maintenance;
- Fire Alarm System Maintenance and Repair;
- Fire Suppression (Water Based) System Preventative Maintenance and Repair;
- Roofing Services;
- Building Management Services;
- Architectural and Framework Building Maintenance Services;
- Commissioning Services; and
- Elevator Inspection Services.
Facility Support Services:
- Landscaping/Grounds Maintenance;
- Pest Control;
- Waste Management and Recycling; and
- Cemetery Maintenance.
Geographic zones that are currently available for specific areas include:
- Zone 1 which includes the states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia and Washington DC.
- Zone 2 which includes the states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
- Zone 3 which includes the states of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- Zone 4 which includes the states of Oklahoma and Texas
- Zone 5 which includes the states of California and Nevada
- Zone 6 which includes the states of Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska
Mandatory (with exceptions)
Benefits of this vehicle includes:
- Provides a broad and comprehensive range of BMO services for use throughout DHS;
- Provides a large pool of highly qualified contractors – both large and small businesses;
- Promotes and supports DHS socioeconomic goals. Small business set-asides and “targeted” socioeconomic set-asides are available;
- Allows flexibility for all contract types, including firm fixed price, time and materials, and hybrids; and
- Leverages DHS spend in acquiring services in an effective, economical, and expedient manner.
Period of Performance (POP)
Five-year base + one five-year option (3/31/2016 – 3/30/2026)
Post Award Teaming
For teaming opportunities, please contact the applicable awardee(s)
Number of Awardee(s)
33 (9 large businesses and 24 small businesses)
To contact us regarding a Strategic Sourcing Vehicle or future initiative, please email SSPOInquiry@hq.dhs.gov.