- Finding Legal Service Providers
- How-to Guides
- Online Forms
- Additional Government Resources by Agency
The Ombudsman’s Office strives to provide the public with quick links to information and resources to help you find the information you need. Is there something missing? Is there information that you are still not able to find? Please let us know at email@example.com.
Finding Legal Service Providers
The Office of the Chief Immigration Judge with the U.S. Department of Justice's Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) maintains information about organizations and attorneys that provide free or low cost legal services and/or referrals for individuals in immigration proceedings.
- Free Legal Service Providers
- Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) Pro Bono Project
- List of Currently Disciplined Attorneys and Representatives who are Ineligible to Practice Immigration Law
These resources answer questions regarding immigration benefits for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, nonimmigrants, refugees and asylees, employers, and general information relating to USCIS and EOIR.
- USCIS Green Card Based Forms
- USCIS Citizenship and Naturalization Based Forms
- USCIS Family Based Forms
- USCIS Humanitarian Benefits Based Forms
- USCIS Employment Based Forms
- USCIS Adoption Based Forms
- U.S. Department of Labor Forms
- U.S. Department of State Visa Application Forms
- U.S. Department of Justice Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) Forms
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Forms
USCIS Case Status
- My Case Status
If you have filed a petition or application with USCIS and have a receipt number, you may find the current status of your case online.
- Case Updates
Sign up to receive automatic updates about your case.
Processing Times by Agency
- USCIS Processing Times
- USCIS Administrative Appeals Office Processing Times
- U.S. Department of Labor Processing Times
- U.S. Department of State Visa Wait Times for Interview Appointments and Processing
Additional Government Resources by Agency
Department of Homeland Security
- DHS Blue Campaign
The Blue Campaign harnesses and leverages the varied authorities and resources of the Department of Homeland Security to deter human trafficking by increasing awareness, protecting victims, and contributing to a robust criminal justice response.
- Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
The Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman works to help individuals and employers who need to resolve a problem with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The Ombudsman also makes recommendations to fix systemic problems and improve the quality of services provided by USCIS.
- Employment- based Resources
- Humanitarian-based Resources
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Adoption-based Resources
- Green Card-based Resources
- Family-based Resources
- Resources for Working in the U.S
- Humanitarian Benefit-based Resources
- Citizenship Resource Center
- Resources for Military Families
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)
Travelers entering the United States through the Visa Waiver Program must now follow the ESTA process.
- Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (TRIP)
CBP provides a single point of contact for individuals who have inquires or are experiencing difficulties during their travel screening at airports, train stations or U.S. Borders.
- Erroneous I-94 Issued by CBP Information on what to do if CBP did not stamp your Form I-94 Admission Record with a departure date, or otherwise erroneously competed the form.
- CBP Border Wait Times Estimated wait times for reaching the primary inspection booth, the first point of contact with CBP when crossing the Canada/U.S. and Mexico/U.S. land borders. Each border location updates its estimated wait times hourly.
U. S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Next Steps in the Implementation of the Prosecutorial Discretion Memorandum and the August 18 Announcement on Immigration Enforcement Priorities
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Administration's Announcement Regarding a New Process to Further Focus Immigration Enforcement Resources on High Priority Cases (PDF, 3 pages - 205 KB)
- Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
Eligibility for work authorization for former or existing students and exchange visitors may depend on information from SEVIS.
- Online Detainee Locator System
Locate a detainee who is currently in ICE custody, or who was released from ICE custody for any reason within the last 60 days.
- Victim Assistance Program
ICE’s Victim Assistance Program provides direct assistance to victims and families, as well as referrals for services and resources in the area.
U.S. Department of State
- How to Contact the U.S. Department of State
- Obatin a Visa
- Monthly Visa Bulletin
- National Visa Center
The National Visa Center collects immigrant visa application forms, Affidavit of Support forms, and fee payments for U.S. Embassies and U.S. Consulates.
- U.S. Embassies and Consulates
- Visa Wait Times
U.S. Department of Justice
- Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR) provides links to immigration courts nationwide and to the Immigration Court Practice Manual.
- EOIR Virtual Law Library
Essential legal resources for immigration legal research and links to related agencies.
- Immigration Judge Benchbook The Immigration Judge Benchbook is a tool for immigration judges. It shares useful information to assist immigration judges with the adjudication of immigration cases.
- EOIR Statement Regarding Prosecutorial Discretion
- The Office of Special Counsel for Immigration-Related Unfair Employment Practices enforces the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act § 274B, 8 U.S.C. § 1324b.
- SSA No Match Guidance Page
Information regarding Social Security Number “No-Matches.”
U.S. Department of Labor
- How to Contact the U.S. Department of Labor
- Occupational Outlook Handbook, published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, provides career information and defines various types of occupations.
- Work Authorization for Non-U.S. Citizens
Information regarding work authorization for non-U.S. citizens.
- Employee Rights
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Office of Refugee Resettlement provides assistance to refugees and other eligible persons through its various programs and grants, so that they can achieve self-sufficiency and integration within the shortest time period after arriving in the United States.
- State Refugee Coordinators State-administered and State-alternative programs for refugee resettlement and assistance.
U.S. Social Security Administration
- Social Security and Entering the United States
Information regarding the social security card application process.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) For Noncitizens