The Ombudsman’s Office strives to provide the public with quick links to information and resources to help you find the information you need. Is there something missing? Is there information that you are still not able to find? Please let us know at CISOmbudsman.PublicAffairs@hq.dhs.gov.
Finding Legal Service Providers
The Office of the Chief Immigration Judge with the U.S. Department of Justice's Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) maintains information about organizations and attorneys that provide free or low cost legal services and/or referrals for individuals in immigration proceedings.
- Free Legal Service Providers
- Office of Legal Access Programs
- List of Currently Disciplined Attorneys and Representatives who are Ineligible to Practice Immigration Law
These resources answer questions regarding immigration benefits for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, nonimmigrants, refugees and asylees, employers, and general information relating to USCIS and EOIR.
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Resources
- Adoption-based Resources
- Citizenship Resource Center
- Family-based Resources
- Green Card-based Resources
- Humanitarian Benefit-based Resources
- Resources for Military Families
- Victim Assistance Program
USCIS Case Status
- Case Status Online
If you have filed a petition or application with USCIS and have a receipt number, you may find the current status of your case online.
- Case Updates
Sign-up to receive automatic updates about your case.
Sign-up and access online services that help users and account holders use the immigration process. Find up-to-date status information about pending immigration benefit requests, tools to help prepare for naturalization, and resources to find citizenship preparation classes and doctors.
Processing Times by Agency
- USCIS Processing Times
- USCIS Administrative Appeals Office Processing Times
- USCIS Processing Time for Freedom of Information Act Requests
- U.S. Department of Labor Processing Times
- U.S. Department of State Visa Wait Times for Interview Appointments and Processing
Additional Government Resources by Agency
Department of Homeland Security
- DHS Blue Campaign
The Blue Campaign harnesses and leverages the varied authorities and resources of the Department of Homeland Security to deter human trafficking by increasing awareness, protecting victims, and contributing to a robust criminal justice response.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)
Travelers entering the United States through the Visa Waiver Program must now follow the ESTA process.
- Traveler Redress Inquiry Program (TRIP)
CBP provides a single point of contact for individuals who have inquires or are experiencing difficulties during their travel screening at airports, train stations or U.S. Borders.
- CBP Border Wait Times
Estimated wait times for reaching the primary inspection booth, the first point of contact with CBP when crossing the Canada/U.S. and Mexico/U.S. land borders. Each border location updates its estimated wait times hourly.
U. S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
SEVP manages schools, nonimmigrant students in the F and M visa classifications and their dependents.
- Online Detainee Locator System
Locate a detainee who is currently in ICE custody, or who was released from ICE custody for any reason within the last 60 days.
U.S. Department of State
- Contact the U.S. Department of State
- Monthly Visa Bulletin
- National Visa Center
The National Visa Center collects immigrant visa application forms and fee payments for U.S. Embassies and U.S. Consulates.
- U.S. Embassies and Consulates
- Visa Wait Times
U.S. Department of Justice
- Contact the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR)
- EOIR Virtual Law Library
Essential legal resources for immigration legal research and links to related agencies.
- Immigrant and Employee Rights Section
Enforces the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act § 274B, 8 U.S.C. § 1324b.
U.S. Department of Labor
- Contact the U.S. Department of Labor
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, provides career information and defines various types of occupations.
- Work Authorization for Non-U.S. Citizens
Information regarding work authorization for non-U.S. citizens.
- Employee Rights
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Office of Refugee Resettlement
Provides assistance to refugees and other eligible persons through its various programs and grants, so that they can achieve self-sufficiency and integration within the shortest time period after arriving in the United States.
- State Refugee Coordinators
State-administered and State-alternative programs for refugee resettlement and assistance.
U.S. Social Security Administration
- Social Security and Entering the United States
Information regarding the social security card application process.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) For Noncitizens