Science and Technology Directorate
Varying locations across the U.S.
Stipend of $600 per week for undergraduates and $700 per week for graduate students during the 10-week internship period and transportation expenses for one round trip between the student’s current or home address and the assigned federal research facility (with some limitations).
To be considered you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age at the start of the internship period
- Be enrolled full-time as an undergraduate or graduate student at a U.S. accredited college or university as of the application deadline
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher on a 4.00 scale averaged over all U.S. postsecondary institutions
- Be majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics field with interest in the Department’s research areas
- Be pursuing long-term career goals aligned with the DHS mission and objectives
- Be available to participate for ten consecutive weeks full-time during the summer
- Detailed information and eligibility requirements available at the DHS HS-STEM Summer Internship Program page.
Application Requirements and How to Apply
Follow instructions at the HS-STEM Summer Internship page.
Who to Contact for Additional Information
For more information on the National HS-STEM Summer Internship Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "HS-STEM Summer Internship" in the subject line.