Are you a frequent traveler, going to international destinations for pleasure? Or a commercial truck driver hauling goods from Mexico or Canada? Whatever your travel needs, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can help move you through the line at the airport or port of entry.
These programs provide modified screening for pre-approved members, improve security by being more efficient during screenings, and facilitate legitimate trade and travel.
Click here to apply now to any of DHS' Trusted Traveler Programs or learn more below.
Learn more about available Trusted Traveler Programs, eligibility and how to sign up:
- FAST Program (CBP) - Free and Secure Trade (FAST) is the trusted traveler program for commercial truck drivers at the Canadian and Mexican land borders. FAST allows expedited release to approved commercial truck drivers making fully-qualified FAST trips between the U.S and Canada or to the U.S. from Mexico.
- Global Entry Program (CBP) - Participants proceed to Global Entry kiosks at international airports airports, present their machine-readable passport or U.S. permanent resident card, place their fingertips on the scanner, and make a customs declaration. The kiosk issues the traveler a transaction receipt and directs the traveler to baggage claim and the exit. Travelers must be pre-approved and all applicants undergo a rigorous background check and interview before enrollment.
- NEXUS Program (CBP) - Provides expedited processing for pre-approved, low-risk travelers by United States and Canadian officials at dedicated processing lanes at designated northern border ports of entry, at NEXUS kiosks at Canadian airports where preclearance is available, and at marine reporting locations.
- SENTRI Program (CBP) - Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection (SENTRI) is U.S. Customs and Border Protection's trusted traveler program for approved frequent border crossers at southern land borders. SENTRI allows pre-approved, low-risk travelers access to dedicated commuter lanes, which expedites crossing between the U.S. and Mexico.
- TSA Pre✓™ (TSA) - TSA Pre✓™ is an expedited screening initiative that is expanding to airports across the country. Implementing a key component of the agency’s intelligence-driven, risk-based approach to security, TSA Pre✓™ enhances aviation security by placing more focus on pre-screening individuals who volunteer to participate to expedite the travel experience. Certain frequent flyers from Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, US Airways and certain members of CBP's Trusted Traveler programs, including Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS who are U.S. citizens are eligible to participate. In addition, passengers 12 and younger are allowed through TSA Pre✓™ lanes with eligible passengers.
Though intended for frequent international travelers, there is no minimum number of trips necessary to qualify for the program. If you join the program you can expect to reduce your average wait time to under five minutes.
Some programs carry the benefits of other programs. For example, if you enroll in Global Entry, you also get TSA Pre✓™ as well.