The Homeland Security Systems and Engineering Development Institute (HSSEDI) is operated by the MITRE Corporation (MITRE) and administered by the Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate as a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC). To simplify the ordering process, S&T has opened the HSSEDI contract with MITRE to allow all DHS Components to place task orders with HSSEDI through a direct ordering process.
The purpose of the HSSEDI is to provide specialized independent and objective technical and systems engineering expertise to Department components through six focus areas –
- Acquisition Planning and Development;
- Concept Exploration, Experimentation and Evaluation;
- Information Technology, Communications and Cyber Security;
- System Architecture and Integration;
- Technical Quality and Performance; and
- Independent Test and Evaluation.
Mandatory (with exceptions)
This DHS-wide contract provides Components the following benefits:
- Process efficiencies due to decentralized ordering; and
- Elimination of contracting effort duplication.
Period of Performance (POP)
Five years (9/24/2014 - 9/23/2019)
Post Award Teaming
For teaming opportunities, please contact the applicable awardee(s)
Number of Awardees
1 large business
Name: The MITRE Corporation
Contract #: HSHQDC-14-D-00006
To contact us regarding a Strategic Sourcing Vehicle or future initiative, please email SSPOInquiry@hq.dhs.gov.