The following are a selection of laws and regulations related to Preparedness, Response and Recovery.
- Executive Order: Medical Countermeasures Following a Biological Attack. This Executive Order establishes the federal capability for the timely provision of medical countermeasures following a biological attack.
- Proposed Guidance for Protecting Responders' Health During the First Week Following a Wide-Area Anthrax Attack. The proposed guidance recommends protective measures for responders such as personal protective equipment, medical countermeasures, and personal decontamination procedures.
- Proposed Loan Forgiveness for Special Community Disaster Loans. FEMA has proposed an amendment to its Special Community Disaster Loan (CDL) regulations to include loan forgiveness procedures and requirements for governments who received Special Community Disaster Loans to apply for cancellation of loan obligations.
Homeland Security Presidential Directives
- HSPD – 5: Management of Domestic Incidents. Enhances the ability of the United States to manage domestic incidents by establishing a single, comprehensive national incident management system.
- HSPD – 8: National Preparedness. Identifies steps for improved coordination in response to incidents. This directive describes the way Federal departments and agencies will prepare for such a response, including prevention activities during the early stages of a terrorism incident. This directive is a companion to HSPD-5.
- HSPD – 8 Annex 1. Further enhances the preparedness of the United States by formally establishing a standard and comprehensive approach to national planning.
Last Published Date: December 7, 2017