The DHS-wide Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) for Medical Supplies simplifies purchasing of medical items at prices that leverage the purchase volume of the entire Department. These medical supplies are used by personnel to train for and perform medical treatments, tests, and operations. The supplies are those used in a pre-hospital, emergency medical services context, and oftentimes in an austere, remote environment.
To streamline offerings and ensure lower prices, products are grouped into three categories:
- Category 1: General Medical Supplies; includes items for IV/Maintenance, Medication Administration, Medical Supplies and Equipment for Austere Environments, Trauma Management, Splinting/Immobilization, Operational Medical Supplies and Equipment, Respiratory Management, Cardiology, Personnel Protective Equipment, and Training Materials
- Category 2: AEDs/Heart Monitors (with Accessories)
- Category 3: Medical Supply Kits: includes Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Bag (First Responder), EMR Bag Refill, Individual First Aid Kit (IFAK), and Basic Life Support (BLS) (Medical Backpack)
Mandatory (with exceptions)
Benefits of this BPA include:
- Improved department-wide efficiency when acquiring medical supplies;
- Enhanced product selection;
- Discounted pricing;
- Achievement of socioeconomic goals; and
- Customer friendly and easy to use.
Period of Performance (POP)
One base year + 4 one-year option years (6/25/2015 – 6/24/2020)
Post Award Teaming
For teaming opportunities, please contact the applicable awardee(s).
Number of Awardee(s)
9 (3 large businesses and 6 small businesses)
Name: Two Rivers Medical
BPA #: HSBP10-15-A-00032
Name: Bound Tree Medical
BPA #: HSBP10-15-A-00034
BPA #: HSBP10-15-A-00035
Name: American Medical Depot (AMD)
BPA #: HSBP10-15-A-00036
Name: Philips Healthcare
BPA #: HSBP10-15-A-00037
Name: The Janz Corp.
BPA #: HSBP10-15-A-00040
Name: Chinook Medical Gear
BPA #: HSBP10-15-A-00041
Name: Rescue Essentials
BPA #: HSBP10-15-A-00042
Name: Tactical Medical Solutions (TacMed)
BPA #: HSBP10-15-A-00043
To contact us regarding a Strategic Sourcing Vehicle or future initiative, please email SSPOInquiry@hq.dhs.gov.